Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Open or Closed

I'm wondering about maybe being too OPEN or HONEST in my articles that I PUBLISH both in my blog and in my column-they are the same. Currently I'm writing about my LIFE STORY as a way to SHARE my challenges and struggles with others who may be or have experienced the SAME situations I went through with divorcing then becoming a single parent, remarrying, etc. There are many MORE individuals both men and women these days that face these dilemmas than there were in the 1970s, 1980s, etc. when I was dealing with this kind of situation-including my own grown sons. Writing about your feelings and LOOKING BACK at your past I believe is most HELPFUL and HEALING. Whatever your situation or relationship that brought you pain, it can be a TEACHER. I want to share what I've learned with OTHERS.

I tend to be honest, maybe too much so at times, but that's just ME. I somehow have expected others in my life to be HONEST too, but I am always surprised to find someone who isn't. My first husband majored in DRAMA in college, so I guess I should have realized the opportunities that were there for him to act out his life rather than live it with INTEGRITY. I have forgiven him but not forgotten the lessons I learned then. Love to have your comments and feedback.

4 comments:

  1. I'm someone who has always valued honest. My mother was honest, always, and ingrained that in her children. But being open is more challenging for me. I guess I often feel too vulnerable to be as fully open as I'd like. I've appreciated your honest and open blog entries, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel, but sometimes in order for a reader to see the whole picture of whatever you are writing about, they something have to expose some areas they may want to keep quiet. As long as its done tastefully which you are doing so well... its great...keep writing and give us a look into your soul...honestly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's OK to be open and honest, but when you are, you have to expect that not everone will agree with you. What you learn from life's lessons may not be what another would take from a similar experience. We all have to experience our own successes and failures.
    To be open, you must develope a thick skin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think you have been too open. I think it's your blog and it should be the way you want it. I think that we all post about things that we might have in common with others as a way to reach out or find a commonality. I think if you were so open, your blog wouldn't be so much a reflection of who you are Lin..

    ReplyDelete