Monday, January 10, 2011

Seeing the OVERALL PICTURE

"God is in the details" an excellent article by Vicki Taylor in Meridian Magazine. (Photo by Lin, note the details even in the desert, green shows growth.)
I asked for Strength...And God gave me difficulties to make me strong.
I asked for Wisdom...And God gave me problems to solve.
I asked for Prosperity...And God gave me a brain and brawn to Work.
I asked for Courage...And God gave me danger to overcome.
I asked for Love...And God gave me troubled people to serve.
I asked for Favors...And God gave me opportunities.
I received NOTHING I wanted ...I received EVERYTHING I needed!

4 comments:

  1. A wonderful poem! I love the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it funny that my mother and grandfather told me the same things in the Buddhist teachings? This is very much part of our teaching, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the photo with all the texture and yes...details....

    ReplyDelete