Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Yes and NO

Well the GOOD news was I went to lunch with my BFF Caryn, (see photo above taken with my cell phone camera), but the BAD news was my book manuscript Family Home Evenings for Empty Nesters and Singles was rejected politely. Hadn't heard anything for two months so I wrote the editor to ask what was happening. Here's his reply: You’re more than welcome to take it elsewhere. In fact, the preliminary reviews are not looking favorable, and so my guess is that we will not be accepting it. Please don’t wait another minute, and feel free to shop it to the other publishers if you like. It’s difficult to consider since it is a niche-market book: it addresses only a very small readership within an already small readership. I’d recommend checking any publisher’s website for submission guidelines.

But that's life for you. Some doors OPEN and others slam SHUT. So, it's time to resubmit to other local publishers within Utah since my book is geared for LDS readers. Hmm...I can see my work is beginning all over again. On another note-had an excellent meeting with my Writer's WORDshop group. We are preparing a poetry reading presentation for my church's women's group for March. Everyone is so enthused-it will be called "Voices of Women" or something similar. There will be ten very talented women participating with original poetry and prose. (Photos below of my writer's group, sorry they are so blurry-my cell phone camera is poor.)


5 comments:

  1. sorry about the book...a better offer will come along and then it will be published.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not to worry. I keep hearing about people who had their manuscript rejected countless times before having it printed successfully! Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Win sime, lose some. You're still a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom. can;t you publish it on line yourself, I have heard there are sites that you can publish your own book.. bummer..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear, I am sorry, but you have such a great attitude and determination....

    ReplyDelete