Thursday, January 20, 2011

EXPECTATIONS...

Expectations follow me about
I trip over them,
dream and worry about them,
feel guilty when
I don’t realize them;
but who demands
that they have to be fulfilled?
Only me, when I stop to listen
those who really love me,
including God
accept me
as I am
without reservations or expectations.

I am me, just myself
imperfect yet striving
to become more perfect
in this earthly environment
with stumbling blocks and
weaknesses to overcome.
I can only trust in
God’s love and power
my works and faith
to make of me
what He envisions.

(Click on links above for past poetry
on this topic and more of my photos.)

5 comments:

  1. Great poem. I once cross-stitched something that said, "When in the mirror of his love I look at my reflection, I accept myself for who I am with all my imperfection."

    ReplyDelete
  2. do we have to have goals? I always wonder this...the set sorta goals that people do for New Years...and then forget before the month is out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorites of yours! We are the ones that make our expectations and yet we kick ourselves when we don't meet them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And the potter's wheel goes round! Beautiful poem, Lin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect photo and poem..you are so creative...

    ReplyDelete