Saturday, January 15, 2011

Remembering MOM

My mom died four years ago today,
amazing where the time has gone.
I try to imagine her life on the other side
and what she might be doing in heaven.

I picture the spirits of our loved ones
as being very near, on this earth somewhere
not seeable though sometimes their presence
is made known to us in dreams or feelings.

What would I want to say to her, if I could?
I pray for your happiness in your new setting.
Opportunities to develop the love you shared
with my dear father who left earth too soon.

I have not forgotten you but have your photo
in the locket I wear around my neck daily.
We are a forever family bound by covenants
and love that never ends-happily ever after.

8 comments:

  1. How cool that you have her picture in your locket! I think I should wear my mom's photo in a locket every day too...although she's isn't gone, I don't see her nearly enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely remembrance of your dear mother. Mine has been gone 4 1/2 years and I surely miss her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i always wanted a locket, always ask for one...to use it as you do. i might just go buy myself a gift. what does yours look like? i know what i want when i see it. thanx for this sweet tribute

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're both so beautiful, Lin. I see so much of your mom in you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "We are a forever family", those words touched me so. Beautiful words to remember a dear one by. I certainly can understand why you treasure your locket.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad I got to know your mom a little. She even visited us in Ahus, Sweden! For me it was so unusual to visit somebody who lived in a mobile home, we don't have very many of them here. But it was such a nice little home! And I remember when she played for me. You are a good example for us, Lin, showing how to write down memories and make history books so grandchildren and future generations can get to know their ancestors. You are an inspiration to many! Love you, Gittan

    ReplyDelete
  7. You Mother raised a wonderful woman... I wish I could have a good conversation with my Mother while she is still here... it is so hard to get past her nasty comments..maybe I can try again...

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much love. You warm my heart tonight.

    ReplyDelete