Thursday, October 9, 2008

Huntsman Senior Games

Well, I marched in the parade of athletes at the HSG-Huntsman Senior Games last night here in our town. My husband (photo on the right) is a co-chairman of the archery section. It's the first time to have archery in Utah's Senior Games for athletes 50+. There are almost 10,000 participants from all over the world and in about 25 different sports. Way to go Sr. Citizens! Next Monday is the archery competition. Allen won't be competing but is organizing the event for about 30 archers in recurve/target archery. It's been his hobby since his college days and he has make it a life long past time. 

Anyway, no one was here to represent Archery in the parade so I volunteered. It was fun to march with my hubby at the beginning of the parade of athletes (see photo below) since Archery is first alphabetically. We waved flags and our hands at the assembled audience, and felt like real Olympics.















Here's some photos of the opening event, complete with High School band (see below), fireworks, speakers, etc. at Dixie State College. It was a fun evening.


6 comments:

  1. Go seniors...My hubby has competed in the NYS Empire games in fencing in the senior division and he does love a parage...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you. I knew the games began the end of this week, but how fun that you were involved.

    My dad used to threaten to compete in the games and show people how to run. It was a big joke because it was about the time he had back surgery and he could barely walk. He always had the little ones convinced that he could do whatever he set his mind to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This just makes me smile so wide my face feels like it's going to crack!! I LOVE that you marched in the parade. yippie! How fun!

    Why didn't Allen compete? It certaininly isn't because he's not good enough. I betcha he'd medal.

    Life keeps getting better for you, Lin. I still think it has to do with your character and attitude. You just know howe to keep on truckin...or marching...whatever the circumstance calls for.

    Please take care of you!!! You're pretty precious to me, you know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, Lin! This is so great!! Way to go, seniors. Sounds like so much fun and excitement. You always have such interesting things to share with us, I love this.

    Keep on keeping on - you're doing wonderful things. You make us seniors proud!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun, Lin. You know, to read your post about diabetes and then read this is to learn to take life for what it is and insist on living!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! I can just see you Lin, in the front, waving flags and smiling to everybody.
    Wish I was there!
    Gittan

    ReplyDelete