Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Angels and Families


















Well, got the idea of writing about angels from Sandy's blog photo of angels in architecture. I have two little angel dolls or figurines that were given to me and have them on my top bookcase shelf with photos of my mom who is now an angel since her death in Jan 2007. I like this shelf. It's next to my computer and shows my mom with her twin great grand daughters who called her nana since I was their grandma. Other photos show my mom as a young girl with her siblings. My mom loves her family, and I'm sure she still watches over us whenever she can from heaven. Ever heard of guardian angels?
















Then on another wall I have a photo collage of my mom and dad's photos that I gave to my mom one year at Christmas. Now I have it. Many memories of my family surround me as I sit in our computer room.















Over my desk is another shelf with the engagement photos of my husband and me fifteen years ago when we got married with a saying "Families are Forever." That gives you my theme and reason for doing family history-preserving family memories until we meet again.

8 comments:

  1. You are surrounded by love. It shows in your words as you share them with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely believe in angels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful post, Lin. Your computer room sounds like a sanctuary in itself. It's a lovely tribute to family love and the story of a family's love.

    Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have lovely photos around you as you work. It must be very comforting to have such loving memories at your fingertips....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do believe in guardian angels. I kept telling my mother throughout our trip to Japan that somebody had to be looking out for us. How else to explain that in the midst of a drizzle or rain several times, it stopped so we could roll our suitcases to the train and stay dry? How do you explain that when rain was forecasted for our walks in the woods or sightseeing, it just didn't happen? I'm counting our lucky stars and all our guardian angels.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I collect angels myself. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a little late, but here I am. I'll give in account to myself later. This is a loving and beautifully written post. I love old pictures of family. You have such a lovely family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heard of Guardian Angels? You bet! I firmly believe they walk among all of us daily. It's a very comforting thought.

    I used to love having photos of my children and grandchildren covering the walls in my office in New Harmony. It made my innards smile. There just isn't any space for many photos in my office loft at the Hollow. I only have a few. But, I've stuffed them everywhere I can. I do love to sit back in my chair, look at the pictures that are here and let my mind wander to times spent with the people who are in them. Two years ago at the photographers studio, five years ago in New Harmony, seven years ago at my sister-in-law's home... Some were taken in California, a couple on the shores of a beach on the east coast, one of my daughter and I chatting on the Pontevecchio Bridge in Italy. Now... that's a long way for a mind to drift. But, it's always a refreshing, enveloping, happy experience for me. So, I understand completely how wrapped in love you feel when you pause and ponder looking at your family photos carefully placed in your personal space.

    ReplyDelete