Sunday, October 19, 2008

Do not call registry

An email I recieved recently and finally acted upon tonight. It only takes a few minutes. Then if a telemarketer calls you, tell them you are registered with do not call registry and will report them. REMEMBER: Cell Phone Numbers Go Public today-Oct 15, 2008

REMINDER.... all cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing companies tomorrow and you will start to receive sale calls. YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS

To prevent this, call the following number from your cell phone: 888-382-1222. It is the National DO NOT CALL list. It will only take a minute of your time. It blocks your number for five (5) years. You must call from the cell phone number you want to have blocked. You cannot call from a different phone number.

HELP OTHERS BY PASSING THIS ON TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS. It takes about 20 seconds.

8 comments:

  1. I had done that a while back and with my cell phone too. That and unlisted number means that we don't get any sales or calls other than family or friends...It is very nice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I don't use my cell phone much, but I don't want junk calls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Wow! Thanks so much, Lin! I'll do that tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey thanks! And I thought your 3 answers were interesting. It's understandable that many would choose to interview someone who has passed...me, too. My 21 year old brother died when I was 17.

    ReplyDelete
  5. did it years ago and keep doing it. actually the cell phone numbers were released a couple of weeks ago so it's a good thing you got going and banned your number....as if that bans anything but it's a start.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, thanks Lin. Maybe this will help when they call my cell phone again to remind me the warranty on my car is about to expire - that car has been dead and out of warranty a looooooooog time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the reminder. I did tht with mylast cell phone number. Haven't done it with this one, yet. Will hop right on that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank You! I didn't know about this.

    ReplyDelete