Saturday, November 6, 2010

3rd Blog Anniversary

So why do I need a BLOG? To make an impression on the world and leave some thoughts and ideas spinning in the universe, to have a place to publish my poems and ramblings. Will give it a try....that's what I said on Nov 6, 2007, three years ago when I posted my first blog. It's been a fun experience. Starting with my mentor friend Susie Q's help who helped me figure out how to do it, post photos, etc. Within a few months time I was feeling confident enough to teach a class or two on CREATIVE BLOGGING. Even did a class for the FAMILY HISTORY EXPO on family history blogging which meant I had to start another blog on that topic-Help with Genealogy.

So what have I gained from blogging?
1. Some really great NEW blogging FRIENDS from around the world.
2. CLOSER RELATIONSHIPS with family, especially my step daughters and daughter-in-laws.
3. A place to SHARE MY PHOTOS so I no longer have to scrap them in three ring notebooks that nobody ever looked at.
4. A CREATIVE OUTLET for my writings and poetry.
5. A VENUE for selling my self published books.
6. THERAPY to vent my frustrations, insights and growth.
7. I have FOUND MY VOICE!

Tell me what you've gained from having a blog in a comment or why you haven't made one. Thanks!

8 comments:

  1. Blogging has provided:
    1. day to day interaction with 'friends' that was missing after I retired
    2. a media for publishing my photography and other projects
    3. a means of engaging in writing activities and in sharing ideas. I am especially challenged in attempting to write concise but thoughtful comments on others' blogs.
    4. a journal of my daily life that I can share with friends and familiy - those readers I know are out there but who are invisible, since they never comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've enjoyed blogging as an outlet for my writing. It's a way to be published when it is so hard to be published the other way. I've met a lot of people who have become friends, too. I like to keep up with what's happening in their lives, as if I've known them forever. Also, it's nice to have something to do after work that doesn't require going anywhere. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And what a voice it is! Congratulations on your 3rd Blogaversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your third blog anniversary! I so enjoy your blog. I have found with blogging that I have made many wonderful blog friends...and had the chance to visit all over the US and around the world!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your third blog anniversary !
    Blogging is now an integral part of my life -it gave me a platform to express my self and also many wonderful friends .

    ReplyDelete
  6. The best thing about blogging are the cyber friends I've made. I feel like I'm never alone. There are people out there in the world at all hours of the night and day. It's a wonderful feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!! I am with Kay on that one...the best thing is making friends with people like you Lin...hugs...Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everyone has already said it all! Except that it could take over if allowed!

    ReplyDelete