Saturday, February 27, 2010

Olympics almost over

I haven't watched this much television in years, but it's been enjoyable getting to know the stories behind the athletes. Watching them trying to do their PERSONAL BEST has been inspiring. It's something we should all do in all areas of our life but it takes real COMMITMENT and FOCUS to do. Looking back on this month that's passed so fast, I wonder what areas I've succeeded in?
  • WRITING is still my focus and I've been hard at work on my children's book NATURE NOTES-learning so much from my critique group about writing rhymes and keeping it short for kids. Been submitting poems for several contests and writing new articles for my column. Ideas are coming.

  • FAMILY-Had a wonderful family event with the baby blessing and visiting with my two sons and their families. We are making plans to see more of our families in April-stopping by to visit my oldest son Frank and his family in Santa Fe as we vacation to Texas-my hubby's home state to see the bluebells-photo above from the Internet. Will also stop on the way back and see my step daughter Katherine and her family plus her sister Sarah who will be visiting in SW New Mexico. FAMILY is definitely an important focus in my life.
  • HEALTH-enjoying the warmer weather and focusing on walking and health concerns-better menus and weight loss.

7 comments:

  1. Yes, these things are vital to our health and to being a well rounded person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This month certainly winged past. And we've been enjoying the Olympics too.

    Love that beautiful purple flower. Adds a real sense of joie de vivre (sp?)

    Happy day.........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Lin you certainly are walking the right path! Your trips sound so wonderful, visiting family, beautiful country and hopefully relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have accomplished many things and continue to encourage us to keep on reaching goals and trying new things. God bless ya, Lin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you are filling your time with so many satisfying activities--and making your readers part of them. You are an inspiration, Lin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that flower! Gorgeous color! Keep up the good work in concentrating on being healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice retrospective Lin..beautiful flower too...

    ReplyDelete