Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Pause Button

Don't you think it's interesting with technology that often to fix something you turn it off or unplug it. Had some problems with our router for our wireless WIFI Internet and the solution was turn the router off for a few minutes then turn it back on. Then we had problems with our TV reception as the digital channels were going on and off including the New Age music we listen to daily. We called the tech support and they said...turn it off for 20 seconds then back on. Sometimes this relates to our computers too when we have to restart them just to clear their heads or they lock up on us. 

Could we also say the same for ourselves? We need to know our pause button so we can gain better control of us-our reactions and behavior at times. My pause button is just to stop when I feel stressed, then to write down my thoughts-somehow that process clears my head and slows down the racing thoughts and emotions which can take control of me. Listening to music, walking or praying also helps. Try it sometime. 

What is your pause button?

9 comments:

  1. My pause button seems to be the problem! I appear to be stuck in permanent pause. The "system" just doesn't want to go -- it wants to pause.
    Mame

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my pause button is to stop for a moment and "pause" my mind, meditate and try to step outside of myself for a moment. It's not easy but it helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay friends and cousin...anyone who says they are stuck on pause is given this immediate assignment. open up a word processing document and write me four pages double spaced about your pausing-don't worry about grammar, spelling etc,-this is meant to be therapeutic only.

    then save as .doc file and send to my email floyds at sunrivertoday dot com and i'll see if i can help you get unstuck...there is always a reason for our behavior or misbehavior. once we discover what's going on inside us, then we can decide if we want to continue or change...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've just been award The Lion Award for Roaring words within your blog. Please go to my blog and grab your award!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My pause button is computer solitaire or scrabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Taking a walk around the pond. It really removes me and gives me room to breathe..I needed that in my life for my health and well being...

    See..this is why you got an award. You draw people into your blog...

    ReplyDelete
  7. My pause button is computer free cell and spider solitaire. I haven't needed them since I started blogging though.

    A-N-D, there is no pause button powerful enough to check my emotions when a creepy crawly "whatever" is making its way into my house! Only one of can occupy this house at a time so I have to get rid of it - first. Pausing comes after that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Let me tell you a short story. Now, remember... this is me... my short stories are a wee bit longer than average.

    I was stopped by a police officer when I was in my prime. He was an obvious Southern Gentleman. He said to me, "Maam, did ya'll realize that was a stahp sign ya'll just rolled on by?" I replied, "Well, I paused." And, he reponded, "Maam, that lil sign didn't say, pawuuse...it said stahp!"

    And I have had minor difficulty differentiating between them to this day.

    I generally just walk around the Hollow. I spend time with the flowers, watch the chicks dig for bugs, play with Pogo, lie in the hammock... anything that doesn't require a lot of mental agility.

    But, whan I want a pause that does use my mind....I'm finding that my blog site is a welcome respite from any negative energy I've encountered throughout the day. I either write, or drop in to visit a few sites that refresh and replenish me... You know who you are. Thanks for being a "safe place"

    ReplyDelete
  9. My pause button is fly fishing and cooking. both of them are very good for me, time stops....

    ReplyDelete