Friday, July 18, 2008

Blogging benefits

I was thinking this morning after reading my favorite blogs now up to about 20, what is it that makes blogging so fun? This is what I came up with. It's an easy way to make friends and interact on your time schedule without making an appointment or taking the time to call a friend. It has the added advantage of photos, slides and music to magnify the effect of the words written but most of all it's the COMMENTS. Those readers who take the time to register with Google blogger and make a comment on your blog really add so much.

I have several friends and cousins who tell me they read my blogs but don't comment for some reason or other. I sure miss interacting with them and knowing what they are thinking about what I'm blogging. So please register or be "anonymous" and comment. Have been able to convince several of my friends to make their own blogs and now we are commenting back and forth.

Here's some exceptional blogs you need to look at and make some comments on. Caryn my BFF who is now blogging almost daily-congrats to her, she's full of wisdom and wonderful poetry that just flows out of her, then there is Mary another BFF who is a talented poetress and got me going with writing when I took "An Artist's Way" class from her. Susi Q is another BFF who got me started with blogging and always has some wise insight into normal everyday events like "moving." So check them out sometime and tell them I suggested your visit.

5 comments:

  1. i know just what you mean about commenting. Sometimes something strikes me in what I read or moves me to MOVE on and do something different. Sure makes life interesting. I don't exactly know why I started blogging...I think because my UPS Randy suggested it. And at the very beginning...before this particular blog, it gave me my first change to think inside my head and write down outside. It was good therapy...It is good therapy. Even when I don't actually blog an entry I have the entry running through my head...and now wonder why I don't take the time to write those thoughts...they probably are the best ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so true about blogging, Lin. It took me a bit to actually get started with it but now I'm completely hooked. You never feel alone when you've got cyber friends ready to "talk" to you at any time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There she is again, saying..."Look at my friend". Thank you kindly, Lin. You help me like me almost as much as I like you.

    This really is fun. Business has slowed down and the gardens at the Hollow are doing well... so I seem to have a bit more free time to write and surf. I love filling it with the thoughts and talents of the women who have slipped quietly into my life through this process. It truly has been theraputic to write. And uplifting, entertaining, and growth producing to read the posts and comments from others. The being able to strike up a conversation anytime is a major plus! I'm likin it!!

    Susan... all I can say is if the BEST thoughts are the ones you haven't posted, they must really be some gold medal musings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with you. I have thoroughly enjoyed blogging even when I have occasional lapses. It's a great way to stay in touch with distant friends, and to know what's going on in their daily life. Makes me feel closer to them. I like to know the big AND small things. I get very excited to check out my new comments. Thank you for yours.

    ReplyDelete