Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Meltdown Rewards

There's always a bright lining to any storm cloud and mine came this afternoon when my sweet husband suggested we update my desktop computer since it's failing. (Perhaps he's tired of me using his computer?)They haven't even started fixing my laptop. So we ordered a new Mac Mini CPU to hook to my existing monitor, keyboard and mouse. It will arrive in two more days and is my birthday (July 12th) present from my hubby who strives to keep me happy.

Now I will have three computers-my old dying one to be repaired that runs my scanner and zip drives, my ailing laptop, and a new Mini which measures 6.5 inches square by 2 inches high, and has the latest Mac operating system Leopard, lots of memory, and a super CD/DVD burner player. I can hardly wait!

9 comments:

  1. Cool. I'd love to know how well it works. Seeing the title, I was afraid the "meltdown" was your own. Glad that it was just a little hardware.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An early Happy Birthday Lin!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh Lin! I'm so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you just love it when "they" (spouse, kids, etc.) see you struggling and step in to help make it all better? For me, it is refreshing to know they value what I am doing and that it matters to them if I can continue with minimal frustration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hallelujah!! Sometimes life is just downright delicious! Two more days and you'll be back in the saddle and on your to great things. What's happening with the articles for publishing? Have some new ones to share with us?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I am so happy for you! What a neat birthday present. You definately have one of the sweetest hubbys. I think that computer is smaller than my camera.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool technology. Congratulations! And I will be celebrating my birthday just five days after yours!
    Hope it's happy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you've been nominated! check out my blog...looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete