Sunday, May 4, 2008

Amazing Opportunites Abound

Each day offers unlimited opportunities
To learn or experience something new
I now know how to "text message"
On my little old Nokia cell phone
Taught by my youngest son as we
Traveled to Las Vegas for his wedding

Then yesterday I taught myself to
Make a "power point presentation"
For an upcoming genealogy lecture
I was amazed that it was possible
Without a teacher, except for help screens
But I managed to figure it out, LOL
(FYI-That's "Laugh Out Loud!")

What amazes you about yourself?

2 comments:

  1. IT NEVER CEASES TO AMAZE ME THAT SOMEONE CAN SHOW ME HOW TO DO SOME OF THIS STUFF YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT 14 TIMES... AND I STILL DON'T GET IT. WHAT'S UP WITH THAT?

    I WILL SAY THAT IF SOMEONE STANDS BY ME AND LET'S ME PUT MY FINGERS ON THE KEYBOARD AND WALK ME THROUGH IT, I GENERALLY GET IT BY THE SECOND TIME AROUND.

    IF I TRY TO FIGURE IT OUT ON MY OWN OR WITH ONE OF THOSE "HOW TO FOR DUMMIE" BOOKS, IT COULD TAKE LONGER THAN IT TOOK MOSES TO FIND HIS WAY OUT OF THE WILDERNESS. IT'S LIKE READING CROCHET INSTRUCTIONS WRITTEN IN GREEK AND FOLDED LIKE A MAP.

    I DO MAKE A MEAN SANDWICH, A GREAT OMELET, AND A PRETTY INCREDIBLE SMOOTHIE, THOUGH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Caryn-you also are a very talented writer, sensitive friend, gifted sculptor, exciting gospel teacher, creative crafter, enthusiastic gardener and loving mother and supportive wife, a great cook, interesting conversationalist and listener. That's only some of your talents! Lin

    ReplyDelete