Tuesday, November 16, 2010

You can write poetry, yes you can!

From another lesson at our writing workshop, teacher Marilyn Ball challenged us to write a poem with these words: "mustard, daybreak, music, beloved, cold feet, rain, lost, sand." It was amazing how different our poems were using the same words. Try it and post in your comment your free verse poem. (Photos from my trip to the Oregon coast two summers ago.)

GONE...
Lost on the sandy beach,
rain falls on my cold bare feet.
Here at daybreak, I wait quietly
for my beloved.

His voice calls out to me
like music on the salty sea breeze.
Will I ever see him again?

Tall, tan and healthy with hair
the color of dried mustard
I miss him so. But he is gone.
Lost at sea.

4 comments:

  1. I think your poem 'cuts the mustard'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very well done. A beautiful, though lonely, poem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you made a lovely poem (and photos too) to go with those random words...

    ReplyDelete