Thursday, November 25, 2010

Using Photoshop Elements

Happy Thanksgiving today. I've been having so much fun with my photoshop elements program. Even though I don't understand much about it, I'm just playing around or experimenting with adding interesting effects to otherwise boring photos. So how do you use it? Open up a photo in your software, then go to File-Duplicate to make a copy of it, so your original is safe. You still have the original, if you don't like your experiments. Then with the copy go to Filter menu and click on Artistic or other options-try out the different techniques. I'll do some examples now. Here's my original photo:


Then applying Artistic-texture

This one's radical and very artsy-stylize:

How about pixelate?


Or distort-ocean ripple:

Then there's colored pencil.

Any of these could be used to make interesting greeting cards or wall photos. All made from the same simple photo. Amazing...try it sometime. Click on photos to make them larger.

6 comments:

  1. Now that looks like a fun way to spend an afternoon!

    On this Thanksgiving Day, sending my thanks to you Lin.... for being a part of my blogging life.

    Blessings.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. your doing a great job...keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun ! Have a Happy Thanksgiving !

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sure are making hay! These are interesting effects, and each one has its own mood.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just got PSE and am looking forward to getting to play with it. I like the effects on your photos. I hope you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving Lin..I know I am thankful for having you as a blog friend....Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can spend hours playing with PhotoShop. I still haven't come close to mastering it though.

    ReplyDelete