Monday, November 15, 2010

New Poem

From my writers workshop, we clustered the word TIRED.
(Photo of my mom and me in 1960.)

Wanting MORE, never satisfied
with the now, I DEMAND perfection today
in ALL my relationships with others,
NO strife or misunderstandings,
just complacency and peace FOREVER.

Wait-maybe that would be BORING.
No CHALLENGES to overcome,
no arguments to MEND,
just LA LA LAND everywhere.
Where would growth come from?

Who wants to grow? I do, really”
WHY? That’s my purpose in being.
Discovering strengths and weaknesses
that STOP me from being all I can be.
What I was sent here to earth to do.

Bring it on, misunderstandings,
tears, a broken heart. But STAY
by my side, so I can draw
on your STRENGTH and know I’m
LOVED even in my weaknesses.

5 comments:

  1. Like that photo of you and your mom.

    ... and know I'm LOVED even in my weaknesses.

    Yes, that's what we probably all long for..... thankfully HE does!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some days I think challenge and pulse are synonyms.

    I enjoyed, needed, this. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete