Saturday, March 13, 2010

Art and POETRY

This week has been so fun with a Spring Salon Reception in Mesquite (Nevada) Fine Arts Gallery. Four of my poems were selected by different artists as a basis for their work. I loved talking with each artist about their interpretation. What a creative process and image booster!

This artist Rich Killian explains to me how he visualized my poem called Summer Storm.


This artist Joanne Johnson makes art with her grandchildren.
I loved her collage based on my poem Monarch.


This artist Peggy Jackson captured my feelings from Balloons
complete with images of faces on the balloons.



This artist Peggy Peterson had a wonderful rock art
interpretation of my poem Remembering.

6 comments:

  1. That's very cool. How fun and affirming for you to have your work displayed as well as used as a source of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lin, how wonderful you were able to see all the works inspired by YOU! Each one is wonderful. Congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great experience for you. It must have been so interesting and fun to see how the artists interpreted your work. (I love the caterpillar!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you, Lin! This is a great show. This is an awesome conversation between artists.

    ReplyDelete
  5. now that is such a honor. what better than to inspire another artist.. you being the word artist.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You GO girl!! Now, for a word from the grown-up in me.

    This is such an incredibly positive affirmation of your ability to reah into another's heart. I'm proud to know ya! And pleased as punch that you are receiving this type of attention and appreciation for your words. Your words are such an integral part of you, that it's really the soul of Lin that's being accepted and praised.

    ReplyDelete