Sunday, March 7, 2010

When bad things happen to others



Your suffering tears at my heart.
I feared the path you took, but
couldn't stop the journey of self
discovery and freedom that beckoned.


Now you must suffer the consequences
alone. I wish the lessons were easier.
I would take your place, but then you
wouldn't gain the wisdom that comes.


Somethings we can learn from afar,
others must be discovered through
difficulties overcome and experienced.
May you learn from your life's lessons.

5 comments:

  1. How we struggle...and how we struggle when we watch others struggle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, ditto regarding Sandy's comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some people don't learn their life lessons and are doomed to repeat the heartache....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen, sister! Sometimes I think it is more difficult to watch others struggle through hardship than to go through it yourself.

    ReplyDelete