Sunday, March 28, 2010

Weeding


Visited my flower garden and weeded.
Only have strawberry plants, grapevines
and some very neglected perennials
that needed some love and attention.




Then I noticed my computer hard drive
also needed some organizing and cleaning
up: old files not used went to the trash,
others were carefully saved or combined.


Not to be forgotten were paper files
sitting in boxes waiting around my desk.
They held memories of classes taught
years ago, lessons learned, materials
gathered ages past but no longer useful.
TIME FOR MORE WEEDING, I think
I've caught the SPRING FEVER BUG.

8 comments:

  1. weeding out is always a good feeling, in the garden, or in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree ...once in a while we all need to weed.....today i did just that.....cleaned my locker....and sometimes i have a hard time doing so as i i get so senti about some things lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am hoping to "catch" the spring cleaning bug" soon! Thats the only bug I would want to catch. I always feel better after doing some "weeding out".

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a special way of motivating people,i am glad i have you as a friend in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's that time of year, to be sure, Lin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't had the energy for doing that yet, but I know it will feel great when I do it. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, tomorrow I will open the drawer where I chased all my ancesters before Christmas. They've been calling to me to let them out. The weeding will begin once they're out. Lots of little pieces of paper with notes that make no sense to me now. Computer files and pictures to trash or organize. I'll have a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes...I have done some spring cleaning. I wonder why we don't do it in the bad weather, but there is something about the nice weather that makes me feel more motivated.. Michelle

    ReplyDelete