Monday, March 8, 2010

More Farm Poems

MESSY PIGS

Don’t eat like a pig
your mom demands.
Ever seen a pig eat?
He doesn’t use his hands.

It’s not a pretty sight.
Head down, nose in his food
covered with muddy goo,
disgusting is the word.

STUBBORN GOATS


Goats eat anything in sight:
tin cans, old newspapers.
Like lawn mowers if left alone,
they will eat acres and acres.

A goat has a mind of his own,
living without a care.
He gets stuck in fences,
trying to go nowhere.

HELPLESS SHEEP

My grandpa is a shepherd
with his faithful old hound.
Moving the herd to greener
pastures, and to better ground.

He keeps them from danger:
hungry wolves and big bears.
Watches out for little lambs,
because my grandpa cares.

6 comments:

  1. Awwww. Sweet poems. I love pigs and sheep. I had a baby lamb once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. too cute Lin. reminded me of all the farm songs i learnt in school, my fav being old macdonald had a farm.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helpless Sheep sure did touch me. These are neat, Lin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Treat for me and my kids...thanks a lot for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lin these are wonderful! I always wanted to have a lamb for a pet.

    ReplyDelete