Thursday, March 4, 2010

Dreams

Strange how certain thoughts fill our dreams
images of past experiences and people but
sometimes in different circumstances appear.
Why I wonder, what is their purpose?

Almost like our own little fiction books
or screenplays that we create then act out
while we sleep. Sometimes I'm happy to
awake and realize my dream is not true.

These nightly escapes can bring us wisdom,
messages or inspiration to act upon
or relief that we haven't done what we
dreamed about, but remain untouched.

Read about the amazing warning in a dream to missionaries in Chile from our church before the earthquake.

3 comments:

  1. I have been having similar thoughts about the function of dreams. I enjoyed this, Lin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a firm dream-believer! I loved that story about the mission president receiving inspiration in the night...when we are not as distracted by life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was amazing..I think our dreams just help our brains to organize the day.....My husband says that he never remembers his...Michelle

    ReplyDelete