Thursday, April 2, 2009

Good News!

Somehow it's always a fun surprise when I find out another article that I've written was accepted and published in a regional magazine entitled Desert Saints which originates in Las Vegas. Entitled A Lifetime of Memories: Preserving your Personal Testimony, this piece I wrote is about the importance of capturing our religious faith on paper and leaving a record of our beliefs in a higher power for our family-especially our grandchildren.  I think it's important to preserve our testimony for our descendants to give them hope in the journey called LIFE. In the article, I describe the process of making a half sized or child sized booklet (see below) laminated for durability for my twin grand daughters for their baptism a couple of years ago. 


















Other GOOD NEWS, I interviewed with the Director of Community Education for our local college and will be able to teach a couple of classes this FALL. One will be entitled Creative Blogging and the other is still needing a title Finding the Unique You? will be based on Julia Cameron's book The Artist's Way. I love to teach and making a little extra money is fun. My goal made last Sept 08 at a writer's conference was to earn $1,000 from writing articles. I'm now up to...$725 for 8 articles including one accepted but not published yet in the Ensign magazine-four more articles and I'll have made my goal within a year's time.

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Lin! I love your idea for making a book about your testimony. I would love to see that! ...and would love to know more about how you did it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, way to go Lin. You've found a good niche for your writing. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! Nice to have something you love to do appreciated and accepted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Lin! Know you'll enjoy teaching again! That's great news!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks as if your goal is just around the corner, Lin. Congratulations. You've got insight, perseverance, and creativity. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad your article was published and that you have work coming your way. You are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go, Lin. Congratulations on the new article being published. Keep the articles coming, I always enjoy reading them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Lin..how I would love to be teaching again and I it was interesting to read about preserving a testimony as it is so central to who you are as a person...wonderful idea...

    ReplyDelete