Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Who is LINDA Darnell?


I got so curious, I had to google her and here's what I found out. see http://www.classicmoviefavorites.com/darnell/bio.html I remember the days of Hollywood from the 1950s as I lived in nearby Los Angeles then. I always read the Photoplay magazines to find out the latest news about my favorite movie stars. When I grew up I either wanted to be a "movie star" or a "telephone operator" like my widowed mom who worked to support us both.

I remember going to see the very long "Gone with the Wind" movie in Eureka, Utah in the 1940s before moving to California with Clark Gable. I could go to the movies then with a quarter and be admitted for 14 cents, buy some popcorn for 10 cents and have a penny left over. In those days all movies seemed to be G rated or not rated but okay for everyone. I also remember going to see "Bambi" by Disney when about five years old. Before the featured movie there was always a short newsreel of world happenings, a short cartoon and sometimes a short feature like "Zorro" that was an adventure series and continued next time. Boy-the good old days weren't that long ago, if I'm still alive to remember them. What do you remember from the time you were 5 years old or there abouts that seems like ancient history now? Please share something or ask your mother or grandmother for something they remember to share here. We are all a part of history.

1 comment:

  1. oops..I meant Gone with the Wind with Clark Gable not before I moved to Los Angeles with Clark Gable, but I'm sure you understood that....lol

    ReplyDelete