Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Some Timely Poems (really free verse)

TIME is….

Time to get going, time to stop, time to eat, time for bed
Stop procrastinating, don’t put off today what you can do tomorrow
Don’t waste time, time is waiting, there’s no time left
I don’t have time for that, I’ll make time for that
What time is it, I’m late, time has run out for me
Daylight savings time, be sure and change your clocks
An extra hour of time, what should I do, what can I do
Anything I decide to do, time is what it’s all about

Expectations part of time, there is a limit to our time you know
Waiting around for better days versus making better days now
Patience in God’s time and plan for our lives
A thousand years of His time makes only one day of our time
Eternity is a long period of time, wait a minute, just a sec
What are we waiting for, better times, expectations to be met
and prayers to be answered in our way
others to become perfect but what about us?
Time waits for no man or woman

ROAD SIGNS…

Drowsy drivers, use next exit
Don’t stay on the freeway
And risk a tragic accident
Stop now while you can and
Rest a minute, awake your senses
Don’t let the road lull you to sleep
Welcome sleep, I’ll just close my eyes
For a brief second, but then what?
Disaster for you and others awaits
Could we not also say this
About daily life…stay alert
Watch out for opportunities or
Stumbling blocks which could cause
A fatal detour into unknown paths
Drowsy drivers, use next exit

3 comments:

  1. ice thoughts. interesting that you start out with TIME and then go into an area where TIME, mortal time, could be eliminated in a split second.

    I have time, too much time, and not enough ambition today. so today I read blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Aunt Lin! Just checking in on your blog. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been reading your blog literally all day as I lie in bed recovering from knee surgery with my leg in a machine...love your free verse and how you freely share your thoughts on "life". You are inspiring me to get back into blogging...I have neglected my blogs for too long...Thanks, Lin!

    ReplyDelete