Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving Collage

Been too busy playing with grandkids and visiting with family to blog plus my laptop needed some repairs. The CD-DVD player wouldn't work, so I brought it to my son's Daniel for repairs. He took it apart and put it back together and it works-MAGIC. He also cooked Thanksgiving dinner with help from his wife Tina and the kids: James, Nathan, Heather and Emilee. They are raising some good potato peelers. Of course, the frig went out which added to the chaos and luckily it was cool on the porch so the excess food was stored in locked coolers to keep the neighborhood dogs out.

It was a short visit but we managed to squeeze in several games of Pictureka, and other unknown games, put puzzles together and even talked one on one with the twins, an amazing task with this lively bunch. Now we are back to our quiet retirement home enjoying avoiding the Black Friday shoppers which have taken over the landscape in every major town. After eating a turkey sandwich, a walk was enjoyed in our 62 degree weather. We are ready to hibernate for the winter.

All the Christmas shopping is done and most presents delivered early or will be mailed later. Now it's time for Christmas cards and decorating when we hit Dec 1st. It was a HAPPY THANKSGIVING HOLIDAY. Thanks to Dan and family, also Jeff and family who were able to join us Wed. evening. I love my FAMILY and miss those who couldn't join us.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely post. All of your Christmas shopping done? Wow! I've barely started.
    But I too avoid shopping right after Thanksgiving, and do very little shopping at malls anyway.
    So glad you had such a great Thanksgiving with your family. I didn't get any game playing> I'll have to make sure I do during the Christmas season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely collage! Everyone looks so happy! I am almost done with my Christmas shopping, alot done on-line. My 20 year old daughter was one of the people who runs around on Black Friday, starting at midnight! I don't even have a quarter of her energy! Now you can relax and enjoy the holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving Lin....You are done shopping..I haven't even started yet...Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Collage .Great Thanksgiving celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a beautiful collage, Lin. I guess that's the way to do it. Finish the shopping and just enjoy the rest of the holidays. Lucky you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing the joy of your holiday! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete