Sunday, November 27, 2011

Generating Power

On our way north to visit family for Thanksgiving,
we took the long way-not driving on the I-I5 freeway.

Driving through my old home town of Milford, Utah
there are now giant windmills generating power north of town.
An interesting sight and use of this otherwise barren desert area.

It took an extra hour of driving time, but was worth it
to recall past events and places I lived as a young girl in the 1940s.
We drove past my grandparents home, and the airport where my dad
had his airplane before his crash in 1945. Many memories are there.

6 comments:

  1. Wow. A powerful poem, and so sad.
    Because of all the trips we made to Oregon to visit my mother lately, I have done a lot of reminiscing about my childhood years in the Willamette Valley. Now I'll have to find reasons to go there in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lin, I'm so sorry. How very awful and tragic. You've captured it all in this poem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is both powerful and tragic..I will take your advice and thank you for the article..you are a dear blogger friend...hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very touching and powerful poem.Thanks for sharing it with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry Lin. Your poem was beautiful and sad too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a wonderful poem. Thanks for sharing it, Lyn. Those turbines sure do have a strange effect on the landscape. Thanks for these images.

    ReplyDelete