Thursday, May 6, 2010

Change and Revising


Still working on editing my poems.
I'm also working on my own revision
want to understand myself better.
It's a challenge that continues daily.




This life is our time to daily work
on improving or changing ourselves,
but so many times we focus on others.
Understanding our self comes first.




Then loving others is easier to do.
We are all here to learn and progress.
Help each other with our life's lessons,
and not be stumbling blocks in the way.

8 comments:

  1. Lin, I think one of your gifts must be steadfastness. It matters not when I come to visit, your postings demonstrate that clear focus and steady-to-the-goal tenacity. You rarely seem overwhelmed or off track. You seem to always know where you're heading and how you shall get there.

    I want to affirm that in you.... it's a beautiful way to run the course of our life's journey.

    I see too many people losing their way and perhaps it's because 'without a vision, people perish.'

    Perhaps you are already teaching that in your workshops, but I can see you being a model to help people put structure and purpose to their unruly lives.

    Wishing you progress for the day's tasks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you're making good progress. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lesson of your honesty teaches me plenty. How I must revise myself; how I must revise myself to better love others. Thanks, Lin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. loved this write up lin. its so easy to preach but put it in practice well is another matter altogether and improving oneself is a task it self.thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Understanding yourself is one of the hardest things to do, I think, because it's so difficult to be objective.

    ReplyDelete
  6. In all of this soul searching, don't forget to just ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A few lessons I shall take from this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This I need to remember...Michelle

    ReplyDelete