Saturday, April 12, 2008

Focus

What is it that grabs our attention and influences each day's activities? Having just returned from a writer's workshop all morning, my head is buzzing with ideas for writing. I'm pondering how to use the many ideas that come to me with each day's various activities, from what I read and the interactions I have with others. I somehow need to have a priority for my thoughts. How do I align with the purposes that I am here for? What is my mission here? I know years ago I made a mission statement to focus on and at various times I have had different themes. One memorable one was "act don't react" and the wooden letters "HARMONY" still reside on a shelf in my house to remind of that theme. Right now I'm wanting to be a VOICE or influence for good in my family and community, thus the need to write and publish my thoughts. I am appreciating my returning health. What is your focus?

1 comment:

  1. FOCUS?? Are we supposed to have focus? Oh! hhmmm... it would appear that mine's a little blurry at the present.

    I could use one of these great little writer's workshops that you go to. I just can't seem to come up with a topic that I want to write about.

    ReplyDelete