Wednesday, April 2, 2008

April Fools came and left

Without any tricks being played on me which is how I prefer to live my life. I am still sick with a nasty head cold that doesn't want to leave. Did get some good news yesterday with some tentative bites on columns and articles I'm trying to publish in local newspapers. Have sent in a humorous look back at my life called "LOOKING BACK" on Dating, Old Maids and Dear John letters. It's been refreshing to write from a humorous viewpoint rather than a therapeutic one and much more healthy. I'm also working on an article for the Ensign on "Internet, Its Beneficial Uses," and a genealogy self help column called "Finding Your Roots On-line. So I'm keeping busy while fighting my cold. Let you know when and where I get published.

1 comment:

  1. So why is it that there are "Old Maids" and not "Old"... Well... what would we call them? "Old Johns" has a rather unsavory ring to it. "Old Bachelors" makes them sound like they still have some swinging times left in them. Not at all like the pruney vision that the mind conjurs up when you say "Old Maid". Is "Old Farts" a naughty thing to say? I'm unclear on the use of that word. Anyway, that just makes them sound sort of curmudgeonly... and a lot of married men would fit into that catagory. So what would we call them and why don't we call them that? And tell me this... Have you ever, even once, heard someone say, "Always a best man...never a groom"? Of course not. Nor does anyone teach their sons, ..."Why would she buy the car if she can drive it for free?" or some other equally as inane analogy about getting a guy to buy her dinner, take her to the theater, bring her flowers and share an occasional kissy face session with her... with no commitment. I'm not upset about any of this. I was just wondering.

    Congrats on the published authur, news byline, venture. You are truly amazing!

    ReplyDelete