Tuesday, June 25, 2013

New free website


Try out DROPBOX if you're needing a place to store projects or photos to share with others. It's free and convenient. It solved my problem while on vacation as I forgot my attachment to download my  digital photos to my laptop and couldn't get new software online to make it work. Besides I was on vacation, right? Well, my oldest son Frank solved the problem for me when he said You can just use my account at dropbox.com to store your photos then you can access them for your blog. It worked, except it copied ALL of my photos from my camera around 1500 of them and it took a LOONG time to do that. I've got my own account now, and it's becoming useful.

You can also store documents you are working on like my book rough draft, then invite others through an email to share and work on your projects. It's quite the deal, check it out. Any hints or suggestions from those who are using it is appreciated. I'm still learning. (Icons from the website of dropbox.)

3 comments:

  1. I use Dropbox but know idon't use it to its full
    potential. My nephew, a library director, said he writes documents at home goes to work, retrieves them from his Dropbox, and uses them in his administrative work, revising, etc., as necessary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a new thing. I've had mine for years and when I sent out info on it,periodically throughout the time, and my friends accept, I've got huge amount of storage, also for free.

    Recently our family history center suggested getting it for family records and then I got even more storage because people remembered my invitation. Get more free by sending out the invites especially through DropBox.

    Love the "shared" files. It's almost like Beam-Me-Up-Scottie to my family

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm... You know what? That's what I should have done. Doggone it! Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete