Sunday, December 27, 2009

So it's over


The presents have been ripped open,
the feast devoured and settling on hips,
even the garbage has been taken out.
All that is left is the Christmas tree still
full of babbles and decorations bright.


Memories remain of the good times
and the less happy ones filled with
thoughts of "what ifs" or "if onlys."
Life moves on and another New Year
awaits full of new unseen possibilities.



All that is needed is an attitude change
realizing this life will never be perfect.
It's just a rehearsal or intense classroom
full of lessons to be learned and skills to
develop by trying to improve each day.

5 comments:

  1. I love the idea of a brand new start. I'm planning to start a more organized regimen for my exercising.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have really tried much harder this year to not let the "what ifs" and "whys" pull me down. Every little bit helps towards a much more peaceful me! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm keeping an especially close eye on your blog these days, Lin, to see if the new grand daughter has arrived....

    ReplyDelete
  4. A brand new start is a good idea..an attitude change is an even better idea... for me especially... Michelle

    ReplyDelete