Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Tagged again

by Susi Q who is my mentor that got me going with blogging. I'm addicted now. The tag is to list 8 things for each category. So here goes:

8 TV SHOWS/MOVIES I WATCH REGULARLY
1. News but sometimes it's too violent
2. Mormon Tabernacle Choir
3. Joseph Smith papers
4. That's it except for DVDs from netflix-currently we are watching documentaries. Most TV shows are too violent for me or just a waste of time.

8 THINGS THAT HAPPENED YESTERDAY (Sunday):
1. I received a really cool photo of my husband's Native American 2nd ggrandma Catherine Bryant Weaver-(see photo to right)
2. Taught my family history class and my students were enthusiastic
3. Listened to a lesson on the Sacrament-great review and motivator to improve self
4. Input some more new names in Allen's family tree that I received in an email
5. It rained and rained and rained in our desert town.
6. I'm finally loosing weight and getting motivated to eat smarter.
7. Watched a funny video with my husband called "Outsourcing" filmed in India 
8. Got several emails from my youngest son Jeff who is enthused about genealogy-HURRAH!

8 FAVORITE PLACES TO EAT
1. Parrothead Grill-great pulled pork spinach salad
2. Los Hermanos-love their fajitas
3. Benji Thai-great chicken curry
4. Golden Corral-can choose what you want
5. Red Lobster-like their fresh shrimp cocktail
6. Ruby River Steakhouse-tender steaks
7. Applebees-fun selection of different dishes
8. Olive Garden-soup, salad and bread sticks

















8 THINGS I'M LOOKING FOWARD TO
1. teaching my family history blog class at FH Expo
2. party with my writing group and our husbands-(see photo above of our first lunch party and poetry readings with our husbands)
3. finishing Allen's life story with photos
4. getting thinner and cutting back on medications
5. exercising more and enjoying warmer weather
6. spring coming and all the new growth
7. trip to Oregon coast in July
8. being with family-Jeff and Rachel are coming to visit

8 THINGS ON MY WISH LIST
1. to travel more-Iceland and Scandinavia
2. learn how to make a powerpoint show
3. go to more cultural events-concerts, etc.
4. plan more parties, socialize
5. see more of America's scenic beauties
6. to publish more articles in magazines
7. to see more of my family, interact, build bonds
8. overcome health challenges

8 PEOPLE I TAG
1. Brenda in Canada, a new friend
2. Carla in Tennessee, another friend
3. Caryn-is in California and I hope to see on her way home
4. J0 lives near me but we've never met 
5. Jocelyn-a sweet mother of three little ones
6. Leona-lives in Texas and has two blogs
7. Linda-lives in Seattle and has a lovely yard
8. Mare a sweet lady who cares lovingly for her mom

9 comments:

  1. Interesting lists - although it looks like you're not watching enough TV (lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very involved tag, but I sure did learn a lot about you Lin..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Lin. I'll have to think about this one. It is indeed very revealing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I'll try. But I lead such a simple, dull life...there's no way I can come up with 8 things in each category. :-)

    Your things are very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sure was nice to learn more about you, Lin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Lin, Interesting things I learned about you. And thanks for the tag.... will think about it and post it....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very informative list, Lin. I learned a lot about you here. Thanks for thinking of me. I'll do it once I catch up on some things.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lin, glad to hear Applebees got you as a customer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Me, too. I will try to get it together in the next couple of days. I'll have to do some thinking! Oh no!

    ReplyDelete