Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Daughters of Utah Pioneers

Display of DUP in our Community Center for clubs/groups

I've been a member of DUP for 25+ years now and its been fun to learn more about my pioneer ancestors. I joined DUP in 1996 after I married Allen and quit my fulltime job as an elementary school librarian in Provo, Utah. We moved to Roosevelt Utah where Allen was able to transfer his job in the Forest Service from New Mexico to Bureau of Indian Affairs in Fort Duchesne, Utah. It was a great time to join DUP as we were approaching several historic moments in Utah history. The sesquicentennial (150th)  anniversary of the pioneers reaching Utah territory in 1847 and the centennial anniversary of Utah's statehood in 1896.

Over the years, I've served as a Teacher of the history lessons, then as Captain of a camp that I started in New Harmony for five years, also Company Historian and Chaplain. It's been fun to also be a Docent in our local St. George museum. Now I'm Registrar and have been Scrapboook, Historian and Teacher of our local DUP Atkinville Camp. See our blog http://dup-atkinville.blogspot.com