Saturday, January 1, 2022

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2022!

 

Well we managed to stay up until almost 10 pm which is NEW YEAR'S in New York. Hubby watched FOOTBALL games and I worked on my FAMILY HISTORY research which I find so very interesting to discover relatives I didn't know I had and about their lives. Amazing.

 I'm doing research right now on my stepfather's extended family in Wyoming and discovering fascinating facts about their lives in the 1900s as so many were immigrating to America from Scandinavian and Austria-Poland to work in the mines, to marry and start families. Then as WWI and WWII came along they were drafted and fought in the battles, leaving their wives at home to manage with their many children.

GENEALOGY has been an hobby of mine since 1960-so that 62 years of pursuing my ancestors and learning more of their lives. I know one day I will meet them but what about my LIVING FAMILY? They are BUSY with their own lives and I am so thrilled when we do make CONTACT. Not so many actual visits during these COVID YEARS but with a simple PHONE CALL or EMAIL lights up my day and reaffirms our connection and LOVE. FAMILY is what it's all about and some FRIENDS are like family.