Saturday, June 12, 2021

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY # 28!

Amazing how fast the years pass. We have been married 28 years and have lived half of our married life in St. George! We met at an LDS single dance in Provo. Allen was visiting his daughter Alicia who was going to BYU at the time and decided as a newly divorced single to try out the singles scene. I was a regular attender of the dances after my divorce and so I noticed him at once. Standing next to him, I asked if he wanted to dance and he said he didn't know how to dance. Well, I've taught dance in college and danced professionally. So I tried I didn't succeed in teaching him, but we started long distance dating as he lived near Silver City, NM. After spending Thanksgiving together with my family, we were engaged in about 2 months and married 7 months later in the Salt Lake City Temple on June 12, 1993.

Our engagement photo in 1992 in Orem, Utah

For time and all eternity...