Thursday, May 22, 2014

Hummingbird Saga


It's almost like having new grandkids-twins. Each is different as I've watched and photographed them for weeks. Soon they will fly off as all hummingbirds do and leave an empty nest. It's been fun documenting them develop and seeing their mother bird's patience in sitting on the nest to help them incubate then feeding them several times a day. She eats insects and nectar then makes a slurry inside her body that she puts down the beaks of her two hungry little fledglings. I made the IMovie with stills and movies I took out our back window. Click here to see my production.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Lin, your video is wonderful! What a privilege you were given to watch such a beautiful process up close and personal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'm so impressed. You did a fabulous job with the video. Sigh... It's something I need to learn how to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful....I'm heading off to see your video.

    ReplyDelete