Thursday, February 10, 2011

Wisdom

I was reading my scriptures yesterday and was impressed with this short but to the point verse in the Book of Mormon-Jacob 6:12 O be wise; what can I say more? It was cross referenced to Matt 10:16 in the Bible Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

This all got me to thinking again about wisdom and HOW we find it. Seems I'd written a post about that sometime in the past see Wisdom, knowledge and understanding. There is so much to be learned from life and the sum total of all our experiences is WISDOM. Understanding what is true and what is hype or masqueraded truths. It's like listening to commercials on tv and doubting what is being said. Only through experience can you discover TRUTH for yourself.

It certainly helps if you have FAITH in a higher power or a creator as a source or VERIFIER of all truth or even if you believe that there are TRUTHS to be found in this crazy world of ours and GOALS worthwhile enough to spend our lives pursuing. It gives PURPOSE and MEANING to life. So what truths do you believe in?

No comments:

Post a Comment