Thursday, September 9, 2010

A new WORK AREA

Ah, still working on sorting and weeding my files
into a more manageable amount so I can move in
another desk in my computer room with drawers
and emptiness on top to work on new projects.

I've been taking some cardmaking classes and
love it-it's so creative and artsy. Figured out I
can use some of my poetry for verses for cards
thus using all my talents to share with others.

I'm always buying cards at the store to give
to others for birthdays or special occasions
when I could be making them myself so NOW
I am going to do that as soon as I clean up the mess!

It's not quite done yet and I'm looking for other places to decorate
in the room with my hubby's Texas stuff, but I've told him he can use
the desk too. I hope to get organized-have a place for everything.
It will take some time+effort to get it all together but it's exciting.

(Photo above of cards I made last night at a workshop.)

13 comments:

  1. Your workspace looks great...and so do the cards. I just gave away my short-lived office space to my daughter so she could have her own bedroom...oh well! It was fun while it lasted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! You seem to do so much. Looking forward to hearing about your upcoming confernce:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job Lin...it looks great...love the cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, how fun is that! And I love the cards! I'm working on setting up my own craft area in the house!

    I just wanted to stop by and say thanks for sommenting on my post over at Jocelyn's blog yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lin;

    I love your idea about card making.
    I don't have my own personal poetry like you do(that's makes it so unique) but I do have ideas.
    I'm also cleaning up and organizing my office and bedroom closet. I'm making REAl hedway this time, feels good!
    Have a wonderful productive day my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool!
    How about some shelving for those Texas treasures.
    Do you have to invest in a lot of materials to do your own card making?

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so fun to have a new project to be excited about.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card-making talent is so far ahead of mine, it's not even funny!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My daughter makes cards, too and it looks like so much fun. Your cards are beautiful, Lin.

    I love seeing how you're setting up your space. It's always interesting to see how other people organize their rooms. Your room is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a gorgeous space for whatever you need it to be.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow Lin. i sure missed a lot . now this is a great working place you have and i simply loved the cards you made. now if i get one of those , i would consider them priceless. keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Don't you just love making cards? I do. They are so quick and satisfying to create and share. Love the new space. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have been to a couple of card making events. It was fun!! I should find a daytime one so that I could GO.

    ReplyDelete