Saturday, February 14, 2009

Remembering Family on Valentine's Day

With all the airplane crashes in the news lately, it brought back to me the importance of FAMILY and cherishing each moment with them. As survivors were interviewed from the flight that landed safely in the Hudson River, they said over and over again how thankful they were to be able to be with their families again. Then the crash recently in Buffalo that killed so many, separated many loved ones. Some comments by a couple of passengers who missed that flight recalled the same sentiments. One woman "Asked how her husband's close call would affect the family, which includes two children and two grandchildren... said, 'I think we'll probably appreciate each other a lot more.'" Then our President Obama remarked... "Tragic events such as these remind us of the fragility of life and the value of every single day." 

We know that we will all be separated by DEATH from our families at some time but understanding that can make each moment with them NOW that more meaningful. The WORDS of love shared, and the HUGS given bonds us as a family together forever. And even when separated by death, we can look forward to a glorious REUNION one day with our immediate family and all our loved ones that are our ancestors. Let us cherish FAMILY this VALENTINE'S DAY and commit to strengthening and preserving our family HERITAGE through compiling our FAMILY HISTORY.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY photo of my oldest son Frank with his son Hakan helping blow out the candles.

4 comments:

  1. Dang, that Haken is a beautiful child!

    I've been spending the last several days with my family. All of my children but my second born, Dallin have been in North Ogden trying to organize everything that Cordell owns to be stored at Chandelar's home while he's in Korea. It's always a joy to have all the chicks gathered safely in the coop. I like just sitting on the oversized comfy couch snuggled under a cozy comforter watching them together. They were playing "Rock Band" the other night. What fun that was!

    It is amazing how much my heart seems to feel drawn to those who paved the way for me before my birth as I've gotten older. I have sop many questions about them. So many questions I'd like to ask them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very Happy Birthday to Frank and a Happy Valentines Day to you and hubby...Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. All we can do is love one another. Over and over and completely. Because we never know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so true. I make it a point to make as many memories as I can with family - every chance I get.

    ReplyDelete