Monday, February 16, 2009

Cyndislist

Better than a search engine because it's more accurate and organized is Cyndislist your free CATALOG of GENEALOGY SITES on the Internet. It's an amazing collection of links to assist you with ANY genealogy problem you might have or direct you where to go to find answers online. Started in 1996 by Cyndi Howell, a family history librarian, she has been working steadily on this project, updating DAILY the latest links to keep you informed on how to accomplish your family history online. Want to know more about a certain country and their records or where to find someone to translate a record or how to make a family history webpage-it's all here. 

You could spend the rest of your life just surfing the links on Cyndis and never get around to doing actual research. With a search engine like GOOGLE and CYNDIS list you can find lots of places to check out. So plan your work and be focused. Keep your RESEARCH LOG. When you finish a session of searching, make a TO DO LIST on your log for the next time you are going to work on your family history-so you'll know where you left off. 

5 comments:

  1. Amazing how detailed it's gotten, and how many resources there are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lin..I am bookmarking all these...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I need to get a handle on the engines you've already mentioned to me before I move on to Cyndislist. But, I'll definitely keep it in mind for the day that I'm ready for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let's hear it for Cyndi. That is really something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm bookmarking this one, I haven't seen it yet. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete