Saturday, December 29, 2012

Letting go...

As I've been journaling and rereading my almost daily writings for the past year. It's amazing. All the experiences and emotions that travel through our lives almost unnoticed. Some feelings we need to LET GO of: anger, rejection, hurt and replace them with love, forgiveness and healing. The wounds inside us sometimes don't receive the attention they should because they aren't bleeding or demanding immediate attention daily. That is, until the pain gets so strong that it disrupts our normal functioning. Then it's time to LET GO, write about the pain-release it, so it doesn't become a toxin within that eats at your soul.

I still carry within me the pain of rejection that happened with my divorce. It continues even today with a family member who hasn't healed. I can't reach this person despite by best efforts, but can only focus on my own reaction. I CHOOSE to LET IT GO!

Maybe a NEW YEAR should be a time of cleaning out all the cobwebs of pain and replacing them with a clean slate to write new memories on, applying healing salve to old wounds to restore health. What are some issues you could take care of? Family relationships seem to be my focus, perhaps because I value them so much! Some are wonderful and others are sad in comparison to what they could be.

1 comment:

  1. Letting go is a great skill that can be key to finding peace. Sometimes I ask myself how things get to be important. If I can't answer that, then I know it's time to let it go.

    ReplyDelete