Wednesday, October 31, 2012

BLOG HOP

Happy Halloween! A writer friend Kathyrn Jones tagged me to expand my efforts in marketing my books. So here goes. First of all answering some questions about my latest work in progress then linking to five other authors-see list at the end of the questions. Also here's my cover in process. I designed it!


1. What is the working title of your next work? Well, it's still evolving. Right now it's DISCOVER YOUR VOICE AFTER DIVORCE: Write Your Way to Healing and Recovery.

2. Where did the idea come from for the book? My last book was Find Your Voice: Write Your Life Story then I thought I'd really like to focus on the negative events in our lives and organize some journaling exercises to heal the wounds from divorce and help the reader discover his/her voice.

3. What genre does the book fall under? Non-fiction, self-help workbooks.

4. Which characters in your book would you choose to play in a movie? Well, it stars the reader and the discoveries they are lead into finding about their own life and isn't planned to be a movie!

5. Will the book be self published or represented by an agency? I will endeavor to find a publisher by submitting the finish project to different agencies, but will probably end up with going with Amazon.com's CreateSpace as they are quite reasonable and I can also make it easily into an e-book.

6How long did it take to write the first draft? Well, I'm still in process. Hope to be finished by summer 2013 or sooner.

7. What other books have inspired you to write this book? Julia Cameron's series of Artist's Way with writing exercises as well as the fun book Pencil Dancing: New Ways To Free Your Creative Spirit by Mari Messer.

8. What other books in your genre would you compare this to? See answer to #7.

9. Who or what inspired you to write this book? See answer #2

10. What else about your book might pique the readers interest? The fact that journaling and poetry writing are so therapeutic. Read more on my blog about the process.  

OTHER LOCAL BLOGGERS who also write: check out their websites and publications:
1. Russ Estlack-Shattered Lives: Shattered Dreams, The Untold Story of America's Aliens During World War II
2. Tom Garrison-political books-Why We Left the Left.
3. Virginia Grenier-Children and Young Adult books
4. Ann Kearns-Jill's Journey: Overcoming An Eating Disorder
5. David Smith-Hidden Mickey and Tennis Mastery books

1 comment:

  1. Interesting, Lin, and you're so right in saying writing leads to self-discovery. It's great therapy.

    ReplyDelete