Monday, October 31, 2011

Nature Poems

FALL ASPENS I and II
Art by Janet Tenneson
All poems by Lin Floyd

Less sunlight triggers a change in the mountains
as trees dress up in Halloween colors to parade
in all their glory as we pass by.
Golden aspens announce the coming of fall,
a changing of the seasons ending summer.
A glorious finale to the growing season,
as we await the silence of winter’s chill.

ANEMONES
Art by Ginny Northcutt

Perennial wind flowers growing from tubers
return to surprise and delight us with beauty.
Colors beyond amazement tickle our senses.
I return to visit their location and reflect
as I pass another year without blooming.

WOMAN WITH BASKET
Sculpture by Bert Garcia

Standing still, feeling the warm sun
the Indian woman prepares
for another day of necessary labor.
Clutching a hand woven basket
full of corn to grind for eating.

Stoic, quiet, resolved,
life begins on the plains.
Survival is the theme.
Fear necessary to keep away danger,
part of each day’s journey.

Threatened by natural forces,
dependent on wildlife for sustenance,
she knows no other way of life.

4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the poetry you set to the pictures and the art is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really amazed at your gift of finding the right words for every occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of the trees dressing up in Halloween colors...and then a thought took me by surprise. Is this why Halloween colors are the ones they are? Because of the trees? Of course, silly Susi. Of course. Thanx for creating a thought in my head this early.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you are being inspired by others who have been inspired by something they have seen or experiences..shared inspiration that plays forward...wonderful..

    ReplyDelete