Sunday, July 3, 2011

Walk a 5K Race?

I'm toying with the idea of walking a 5K race
tomorrow on the Fourth of July locally.
My friend Wanda suggested it to me and
my first thought was...I CAN'T DO THAT!

Then my second thought was...WHY NOT?
I walk every morning about 1 mile and then
go to water aerobics class, I'm trying to lose
weight and get in better condition, but yet.

I have fears of wearing out my knees, hips
or feet. Well, I decided to TRAIN for it so yesterday
hubby and I were up at 6:30 am in the coolness,
off to do a three mile neighborhood walk.

I DID IT, though tired after returning, I'm elated.
The thought comes...maybe I'm NOT pushing
myself enough, just cause I'm 70 now, almost 71
doesn't mean I am OVER THE HILL and finished!

4 comments:

  1. A 5K walk is very doable, Lin. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A 5K isn't doable for me, but you are in good shape...try it .. good luck and Happy 4th Lin....hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go, girl! But if you start to hurt, back off for a day. Four days a week is probably enough when you are pushing yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew you could do it, Lin! I didn't think I could do the 8 mile Aloha Run (walk) but it goes just fine if you do it with a friend.

    ReplyDelete