Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Early BIRD

Decided to do more training before undertaking a 5K RACE,
so hubby and I were up at 6:30 am on the Fourth of JULY.
Off we went walking our 3.5 mile neighborhood PATH.
There were just a few out exercising-it must be a HOLIDAY!

I'm tired but exhilarated, I meet a few mature walkers,
one was a recuperating hip replacement patient.
I have so much to be THANKFUL for, good health plus
hips, knees, ankles that work and strength to ENJOY another day.

Our local VETERANS are practicing for a flag ceremony.
They are building a MEMORIAL to those who served in all wars.
Someone suggested that they pledge allegiance to the FLAG
but leave out the phrase UNDER GOD...that brought controversy!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing glimpses of your morning walk .

    ReplyDelete
  2. A nice way to get the morning started, sounds like fun. Thanks for sharing part of your day with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the view of the mountains where you live but I bet even a morning walk is a hot one...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you, Lin. You have a beautiful place to walk. I feel a bit guilty that I didn't take my walk this evening. I usually walk with Art, but since he's gone... I... well... you know.

    ReplyDelete