Monday, September 6, 2010

Recognition coming

A poem I wrote on FORGIVENESS will be in Meridian Magazine online today. This is the note the editor sent to me. Thanks for sending your poem, Lin. I think it will make a great difference for people. Look for it in Monday's Meridian. Kathy Check it out.

TRAPPED

I gave the gift of forgiveness
to you, not because I wanted to
but to open new paths
for my own growth.

You wandered, were lost
following worldly lusts
while I remained alone
trapped by destroyed dreams.



Then new understanding came
to guide me in wisdom’s way
a gift given-forgiving you,
freed me forever.




Then I received an email that my lastest book NATURE NOTES FOR KIDS with over 75 original poems about animals has won a prize for literature for children ages 9-12 (Tweens) at the LEAGUE OF UTAH WRITERS' conference coming up this month. So nice to be recognized for your labors. Now if I could just get people to buy my book-I've only sold 2 copies so far. It's available, cost $15 cause I self published and it's in color. Perfect for the kiddies or grandkids. Shop early for Christmas. Email me for more info lin at sunrivertoday dot com.

7 comments:

  1. Lin, such a lovely poem! I will definitely get Nature Notes for Kids for my three girls (nieces). Congratulations on winning! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it...great job and congratulations Lin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought your poem was wonderful. And congratulations on winning an award for the book! You should be very proud indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH Lin ---- how wonderful that your book won a prize!

    If more people could realize that forgiveness is really the path to their own healing!

    It's not about saying we weren't a victim in a particular situation; it's about taking responsibility to say I choose not to live there, but to move on.

    I'm always aware of what Jesus said, that if we withhold our forgiveness, the harvest of that is that our own follies will be unforgiven by the Father. Don't wanna go there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Lin !I think you have sold three copies till now.Wish your book much more success .Please don't forget to autograph the book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your poem about forgiveness, Lin. It really is a good lesson for everyone. Congratulations on winning a prize with your Nature Notes for Kids book! I am so proud for you.

    ReplyDelete