Friday, September 10, 2010

Constant CHANGES


Amazing how one change CALLS for another,
ever noticed that in your life? You MOVE this
which OPENS up a new space for that, then
you move that and...well, you get the picture.




I'm still amazed at all the STUFF I've collected
and BOXED over the years. MOVED from place
to place. If I'd had to CARRY all those boxes
I would have THROWN more out earlier...

BUT when you are working, raising four sons,
cooking meals, shopping, washing, cleaning
house, etc.-it's amazing you SURVIVE at all.
Weeding your files is LAST on your agenda.

There does come a time for SIMPLIFYING
So you can ENJOY some of your stuff.
READ some of the many books you've
DRAGGED all over in your many moves.


Interestingly, you can't take it with you,
only memories, relationships and what
you've learned through experiences. What
a PLAN this life. Constant changes always.

3 comments:

  1. I know how you feel Lin. After moving 3 times in 6 years I finally have only what I need. When I moved from my 3 bedroom to a 2 bedroom apt. I was happy but then from a 2 bedroom to a 1 bedroom I am even more happier. It was the best thing I did. I don't want to burden my son with all this stuff when I die and since I sold so much of it and gave so much of it away I realize I really didn't need it. I love having less and its a lot less to clean...which is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you, Lin! Last week I bought a big box of Glad trash bags to put an end to the Carting Around of Things. So unnecessary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with ya! It is a great feeling watching 'stuff' leave the house!!

    ReplyDelete