Thursday, April 15, 2010

Walnut Canyon, Arizona

What a fascinating place to visit-Walnut Canyon ruins near Flagstaff Arizona. It took quite a hike down to view the actual ruins but was well worth it, but the hike back up was a challenge (equal to a 20 story building I'm told by my husband) with cement steps and benches to rest on which I took advantage of. Hubby was very encouraging and supportive reminding me that you can do it. He's 4 years younger and in better shape than I am, but together we did it!

8 comments:

  1. Wow! What a beautiful place. Glad your trip was so nice. By the way, you look amazing too. You are a great example for the class you are teaching.
    Mame

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great presentation. You are a good team! Good on ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a great place to explore. We've been to Sedona and Flagstaff but not down into Walnut Canyon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now this is definitely a site Mark and I would love to explore! But whew..what a climb! Teamwork indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great experience.... thanks for letting us join in the fun by seeing your slides!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The old cliff dwelling sites amaze me. We have been fortunate to visit Mesa Verde Nat'l Park, and quite a few sites on Navaho land. I'm glad you took advantage of your trip to Texas to stop at interesting places along the way.
    I love road trips!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a fantastic slide show. I was out west in '76, and again '91and it seems like a lifetime ago. Well worth the trip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. it looks like you would need a big bottle of water to get around..but beautiful scenery everywhere you look. so different from NY

    ReplyDelete