Sunday, April 18, 2010

National Poetry Month again

Words are forming in my mind
thoughts freely gathering there,
feelings wanting expression
but waiting for the opportunity.

When life slows and time permits,
pen, pencil or computer keys will
open new vistas of expression
to me to understand who I am.

Now it's California here we come
after several days of resting, we're off.
Across more desert wastelands,
this time through Nevada-my birthplace.

Acres of wide open space unclaimed
that with a little water and vegation
would make homes for many of us,
not just coyotes, snakes and jack rabbits.

8 comments:

  1. I like this look back on your larger history as you think of your personal one. Such an important marriage of perspectives. Life is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photos are beautiful. Best wishes on your next journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're still traveling? Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I remember how amazing it was to drive out West for the first time. I could see for MILES on the plains. That was such a different experience from the East! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I grew up in Caifornia and traveled across Nevada to Utah at least a zillion times. I was an adult in my middle to late twenties before I learned about the beauty that is to be found in Nevada. I mean, it's not that the stretch between St. George and he El Cajon pass, and the drive from Salk Lake, across the Bonneville flats into Northern California aren't pretty, I guess... in their own way... but, I'm they don't call the Garden of Eden to ind either. More the "dreary world".

    So when I realized that half of Lake Tahoe is, in fact, Nevada... and that there are other areas in the state just as pretty...I was pleasantly surprised.

    Have a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lin, I read your blog when I read the other ones but I just don't comment often...on your or any. Seems like aging slows me down on many fronts which limits my time elsewhere..including my own blogging which i feel is suffering. But I'm still around.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photo...Happy trails as you travel.

    ReplyDelete